For the last six days or so I've been at my boyfriend's place to get away from the storm, and I thought it would be a nice opportunity for a what's-in-my-bag post with a little bit about each product. Of course I didn't bring everything, just a few of the "essentials".
What's in my skincare bag
- No. 7 Quick Thinking Wipes - These trusty wipes are fragrance free and effectively removes all my make up- even eye make up! 30 wipes/package. These are available at Boots, Ulta, and I think Target
- TRESemme Split Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner - These samples were sent to me a few weeks ago to try, I've only used it twice so I can't really comment, but so far it's just a regular shampoo/conditioner. It does the job.
- Simple Revitalizing Eye Roller - vitamins and nutrients for your under eye area. I haven't seen a difference using this product, but the application feels great.
- Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion - an old favorite. I've been using this since i was about 15. Moisturizing, and smells great, and super cheap too! 2 fl oz/ $1.50
- Neutrogena Oil Free Grapefruit Acne Wash - 2% salicylic acid to clear breakouts.
- Q tips.
- Lush Happy Hippy - citrusy, refreshing shower gel. Size is perfect for travel! $10.
The Body Shop
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion - A very light, yet moisturizing night cream, suitable for blemished skin. Makes my skin look better over time.
- Tea Tree Oil- Not that exciting, but a great staple! I use it on blemishes. Never drying. $9/The Body Shop. Or any health food store really.
- The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream - for combination/ oily skin. I have combination skin, and I use this every morning (sometimes at night too), and it's great. Moisturizing enough, but never oily, even when I pile it on. It absorbs readily too. 1.7 oz/$16.50
Sephora/ High(er) end
- Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator - Great exfoliator! Small exfoliants so it isn't abrasive.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir - A refreshing spray for the face, I use this in the morning and before bed, and anytime throughout the day. A must have! 1 fl oz/$18.
- I purchased these two in a set that includes both, a hand cream, and a foaming face cleanser. The total for all four products is the same as just the exfoliator! Caudalie Favorites set.
- Bliss High Intensity hand cream - with macadamia oil and grapeseed extract. It's not my favorite hand moisturizer, but it does the job. It smells a tad bit like some of the Caudalie products- probably because of the grape component of the ingredients. 1 fl oz/$8 at Ulta and Sephora.
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads - I use one pad every night after cleansing and right before moisturizing. It has 10% glycolic acid, and 2% salicylic acid to combat breakouts. The box says that it's anti aging and pore minimizing as well. I recently purchased the PTR Gentle Correction Pads, with less salicylic acid in it (0.5%), and didn't see much of a difference, so I'm trying out this one. It's my attempt to find a cheaper alternative for my all time favorite Cane & Austin Acne pads ($60/60 pads). These PTR Max Complexion pads are $36/60 pads, available at Sephora and Ulta.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate Acne - This has 0.5% salicylic acid and is a gentle exfoliator for the face. Skin feels great after using it. Suggested use 1-2 times per week, since it can be drying. I got this in a kit, but the original sizing is a bit larger. Available at Nordstrom & Sephora.
- Murad Acne Spot Treatment - with 3% sulfur to dry up spots. This is a recent purchase, so I haven't used much of it yet.
- Bag was a gift with purchase from Clinique a few years ago.
- SAI-SEI Mineral Invigorate Body Scrub - Fantastic body scrub, smells just like a spa. A very refreshing smell- almost like Bath and Body Works' cucumber melon, but much better and a little lighter. The exfoliants are rather fine, so it's not super abrasive. This Japanese skincare line is great. I purchased this in a pack that came with a shower gel and body creme, 2.5-3.3fl oz each, for $35. Great value! Available at SpaceNK.